Our Internal Medicine Department manages both acute and chronic illnesses, as well as working with patients who may be dealing with several different diseases at the same time.
Specialists treat common problems of the eyes, ears, skin, nervous system, and reproductive organs, primarily on an outpatient basis. In addition, our Internal Medicine Specialists help patients understand steps to improving their own wellness through disease prevention and the promotion of good physical and mental health.
The team also successfully treats a range of conditions that are highly prevalent including:
- Diabetes: Condition in which blood sugar rises too high due to a problem with the hormone insulin.
- Heart and vascular disease: Disease of the blood vessels and the heart.
- Obesity: An excess of body fat that negatively affects the health of an individual.
- Asthma: A chronic disease that results in periodic inflammation of the lungs and the airways that makes it difficult for the individual to breathe.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): A group of disorders that make it increasingly difficult for the individual to breathe.
- Renal insufficiency: A condition that results in poor kidney function caused by decreased blood flow to the organs.
- Thyroid and other endocrine-related disorders: Diseases that cause a variety of symptoms due to under- or over-functioning of the thyroid and/or other glands that control the release of hormones.