The vascular surgeons at HealthHub Clinics manage the vascular system (veins and arteries), in every part of the body except the brain and the heart.
Your body cannot function if your blood isn’t flowing smoothly. Conditions such as hardening of the arteries can create “traffic jams” in your circulatory system, obstructing the flow of blood to any part of the body. Our vascular surgeons handle blocked carotid arteries in the neck and treat problems of the aorta (a large main artery), after it leaves the heart and enters the abdomen. Peripheral vascular disease, which often affects the arteries in the legs and feet, is also treated by a vascular surgeon.
Our surgeons perform both traditional open surgery and minimally invasive, image-guided procedures such as laser surgery for varicose veins, clot retrieval using endovascular methods, minimally invasive surgery for abdominal aneurysms or blockages caused by atherosclerosis that could threaten life or limb, and peripheral arterial disease testing and stenting to prevent amputations.
• Peripheral arterial occlusive disease – including pain on walking
• Diabetic foot problems
• Varicose veins
• Excessive sweating – hands and armpits
• Insertion of central ports and lines for chemotherapy
• Renal access surgery
• Aggressive wound care
• Cerebrovascular disease and stroke prevention
• Aortic aneurysm treatment (both open and endovascular stenting)
• Carotid artery interventions for stroke prevention